What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Our Eyelash Extensions are semi-permanent, 100% synthetic and curved to replicate a natural eyelash. Our lashes are thicker at the base and taper to a fine point. They are applied to individual eyelashes, one extension at a time, for a natural, elegant look to lengthen and add fullness to the existing lashes
- What do they look like and how do they feel?
Eyelash Extensions look and feel completely real- they move with your natural lashes. Each application is customized to suit each individual. Various individual lash lengths are chosen to carefully replicate the shape and frame of a natural lash line. The thickness is determined by the health and thickness of your natural lashes. The overall effect is added curl, thickness and length, opening up the eye for added definition.
- How long do Your Lashes Last?
They can last up to two months depending on the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes. With proper care and maintenance, touch-ups are needed once every 2 to 3 weeks to replace and maintain the look we created for you.
Natural eyelashes grow in and fall out in cycles (every 60 to 90 days). When a natural lash matures and falls out, a new lash has already been growing and quickly replaces it without us noticing the turnover. This process is constant and at any given moment our many natural lashes are at different stages of maturity. Some are just growing in, while others are ready to shed. People typically shed between 1 and 5 natural lashes each day, depending on their individual growth cycles. On shorter, natural lashes, this growing and shedding cycle is virtually unnoticeable.
- How long does the procedure take?
Depending on the number of lashes being applied, it generally takes between 120 to 150 minutes to apply a full set of Eyelash Extensions. Touch-ups or fills can be done in 60 minutes.
- Can you describe the application process?
You will be comfortably reclined with your eyes closed while our highly trained and certified stylist individually applies a lash to your own natural eyelashes. There is no discomfort or pain involved in the procedure. In fact, most clients find it is so relaxing that they fall asleep.
Before Your Appointment
Prepare for your lash application for long lasting lashes:
- Remember: To maximize your time with your lash stylist, come to your appointment with clean eyes free of makeup.
- Remove Makeup: Including eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, eye creams.
- Clean lashes gently, but thoroughly, before you arrive to remove any residual oils or mascara.
- Do not wear contacts to your lash application.
- Lash Tinting or Lash Perming and airbrush tanning — should be done 48 hrs prior to your lash extensions.
After the First 48 Hours
Things that should be avoided:
- Excessive exposure to heat, steam, sauna, and friction to the lashes
- Use of oil based products around the eyelashes
- Use of waterproof cosmetic products on or near the lashes
- Excessive mascara
- Cannot use a mechanical eyelash curler